Thread: The Rant Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2008, 02:44 PM   #143
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
i take it you don't fly much...

i used to have a pretty sweet mini gerber multi-tool on my key chain, but when i got my new job and started flying more, i got sick of having to take it off my key chain every time i went to the airport (cause no way would i forget and let security take it!). so now it just sits at home... and i don't use it as much. I miss you, gerber!
Before the 9-11 attacks I always carried knives on airplanes with no problems (If I had been on one of those flights I would have almost certainly had a razor sharp, two-edged Gerber Guardian boot knife on my person in addition to probably a Schrade LB7 and a Leatherman in my carry-on luggage). These days, you have to be careful taking even the smallest swiss army knife or innocuous multi-tool anywhere, lest legal problems ensue (you can't carry anything into a court or DPS, you can't carry anything in an airport, you can't carry any knife over 5 inches in blade length into a liquor store- even if you are hunting, etc... ). It's all stupid nanny state stuff that any average American male time-warped from the Nineteenth century to today would find both stupefying and preposterous...