View Single Post
Old 02-15-2008, 06:12 PM   #3
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

I have a Pioneer Elite 7.1 VSX 91 txh that I paid around 1000$ for. I think you can get it for around 700-800 now. It has HDMI 1.3 inputs and does Dolby Tru HD surround and the DTS Master Audio. You really need those three things for Blu Ray. I have a Polk RM 6880 surround speaker set that cost me about $1000 also but its on sale at Amazon for $700. I am very happy with this setup and its future proof enough. The subwoofer is a little weak, but I live in an apartment so that doesn't bother me. The center channel speaker is awesome for this price range. It is only a 5.1 speaker set, but I just used my old surround speakers for the very back surround pair. In the future I would like to get some nice front speakers and move the four sattelites to the surround positions.

Last edited by FreshJive; 02-15-2008 at 09:10 PM.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote