View Single Post
Old 02-20-2008, 12:10 AM   #129
craggmac
Golden Member

craggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Rather than only 2 more years of 50 win seasons, with no ring? Yeah I am.

You're missing the point of my post.

The Mavericks are not going to win a championship, in my opinion, in the next 2 years, which is as long as they have now that kidd is here. It can't be done. I think if everyone thought over what has transpired the last few years, and the lay of the land in the West right now, they would find that they believe the same. I am not a hopeless romantic fool. The mavericks had their chance, and it's gone now. Which is why I can't understand the timing of this deal. It's too late.

So from my point of view, the choices are:

1. Not win a championship and blow this group up in a few years now that kidd is here and harris + diop + picks are gone.

or

2. Not win a championship, but at least keep that nucleus together and be at least competitive for a while longer. At least root for nice guys like Devin Harris. Not some wife beater who's lost in the Finals even more times than we have, that ties up the whole pay roll and eventually sours our owner on spending money.
Well, that is just damn depressing. I am disappointed in you. You are one of the posters in these forums that I have always enjoyed reading their posts. But this one, I must say, kind of makes me feel like going down and canceling my internet service.
craggmac is offline   Reply With Quote