View Single Post
Old 02-22-2008, 05:39 PM   #23
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by endrity
Maybe in terms of respect and labeling, since winning a ring is great in terms of defining someone's legacy. However sometimes that is a mirage also. Look at Billups for example. Has anyone choked more than he has the last two playoffs? Absolutely not. Yet he won a ring, hit some big shots against a Lakers pick and roll D that made stars out of PGs like Bibby and Hudson, gained a reputation as "clutch" and Mr. Big Shot and has done very little of that the last two years. I guess what I am trying to say is that reputations, just like the one Dirk has now, are sometimes underserved even when they are positive.

Avery had an opportunity to keep his team together during the finals, and he didn't. He has had two more seasons to show that those free throws were not going to stop this team from winning, and he hasn't. If we win that ring, and he gets clearely outcoached by Nellie in 07, starts to lose his superstar, and fills the roster up with veterans that provide nothing, I think we are still having this debate. Even if he won in 06, this remains a "what have you done for me lately" business.
What have you done for me lately doesn't mean less than 2 years after your brand new coach wins a title you start calling him a bad coach. It takes a bit longer than that.

I'm not saying nobody would be debating it--just that the folks arguing on the one side wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote