View Single Post
Old 02-22-2008, 06:15 PM   #30
endrity
Platinum Member

endrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janett_Reno
If teams keep running us and making us take Dampier out, after this season, will Avery and Cuban go with a player and players that play Kidds style? I don't think Dampier plays Kidd style.

Just something to remember, it is talks of Marion not returning to Miami. Does Dallas go back to Nash/Kidd style and run next year? That puts Dampier out of business most of the game and then does Avery go with Kidd, Terry, Howard, Marion and Dirk? I think all five guys can play that style and Marion and Howard are great defenders. The only bad, it puts alot of pressure on Dirk at defense. If no Marion, then they might try to pick up a running center. Kidd has two years left after this. Nash has about the same and time is running out for both. Both have been great players.

When Kidd and Nash have spacing, up and down game and make it a full court game they are both really good. Our team will have to adjust to playing that style again. It looks like with us getting Kidd, we are going to adjust to playing his style, not him adjusting to playing our style. It will also mean getting another forward and playing three forwards or getting a center that can fly up and down the court. I am still not giving up on this year and i hope for all the best. It is going to be difficult with how strong the west is.
To get Marion, it would have to be a sign and trade, or just a regular trade because even if he leaves his option (unlikely, given that he is making 17 mill next year) we don't have cap to sign him. Frankly I thought Marion was a bit overrated as a Sun, so no I wouldn't be thrilled to see him here. Damp will serve his purpose man, I guarantee you. He just might not be enough. Gasol and Bynum, Chandler and West, Duncan and Thomas, those are some heavy frontlines.
endrity is offline   Reply With Quote