View Single Post
Old 02-23-2008, 04:34 PM   #68
endrity
Platinum Member

endrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin
First, did you watch the game last night? Did you watch the last game, which started with a lob to Josh, and included Dirk attacking the basket almost every chance? And second, to say that they haven't been running and to leave it an open question is different than what Simmons did, which is to argue that they can't. He also said, "Dirk is slow." That's fine if you are comparing him to the shooting guards that go around him. But that's just dumb when you are talking about whether he can run on the break. I don't care what he's written elsewhere, what he put into this article deserves to be ridiculed, not defended.
I watch every Mavs game! Even with Kidd the Mavs will never be an elite running team, I think. How succesful we will be, is key to the season. The Josh lob, Dirk's aggressivness has not come in the running game. We clearely have to prove we can run well since we really don't have Nuggs/Suns/GS personnel, so for someone to say that the Mavs can't I won't be terribly pissed about. There were people expressing this same concern on the forum when the trade idea started to surface. Nothing new. This is the media that bashes Dirk non stop for 2 years now so this to me is least possible diss.

Simmons is wrong when he is saying that Dirk is slow, I already said that. If anything Dirk's footwork is what really separates him from other PFs. There are other PFs who can shoot really well (Sheed) but who have not even close to Dirk's mobility and footwork and therefore can never properly use the jumper
endrity is offline   Reply With Quote