View Single Post
Old 02-23-2008, 04:38 PM   #70
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty55555
I'm quite unfamiliar with his regard for the Mavs. But as far as I've followed the Nets and Kidd, I can barely count the number of times he has given credit to Kidd or the Nets. More often, he has said negative things about them.

Well, to each his own I guess. Some writers are overly gracious with some teams while some are overly critical
Simmons has never really hated on the Mavs... in fact right before the Miami series he was comparing Dirk with Bird in the way he pushed his team to the finals, pretty high praise, especially from a Celtics fan.

On the other hand Rosen has always hated everything about the Mavs, never acknowledging them as a contender. Now with the Kidd trade he is applauding them for once (because we added 'heart' and leadership)... crazy isn't it? I think he's the only writer i've seen that has given the Mavs an A for this trade.

Hollingers the one writer I don't think has any biases, he follows the stats. It's not a bad system, he did predict the Spurs to win it all last season with his reasoning.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote