View Single Post
Old 02-24-2008, 11:40 PM   #12
tmac1yao11

tmac1yao11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by endrity
That's plain American stereotypical talk. How many 7-6 dudes do you know that physically dominated the league? I will tell you. NO ONE. At that size it's almost impossible to move, let alone play basketball fluidly. It's amazing that Yao does what he does. And anytime I have seen him play Dwight, Yao dominates him so there you go.

The Rox were playing well before T-Mac came back, and that should serve as an eye opener. It has to a certain level. But it should more, I think.

You say T-Mac raises his level in key games, yet he always comes up short because he puts too much pressure on himself I think. It was stupid that last year he said, "this is my team". It was's Yao's team, and if they fed him more I thought they were going to beat Utah.
Tonight was a perfect game of which Yao shows his softness. He had only 12 points and 6 rebounds with 4 TOs. They tried going to him early and he kept turning the ball over. He always has trouble with long athletic defenders especially those play in front and back of him. He is not able to impose his will on them for some reason.

And as far as putting pressure on himself that is what he is supposed to do, especially since it was his team. The problem still was that no one else stepped up besides TMac and Yao. And when I go back to check Yao's turnover rate in the playoffs last year, he didnt have one game with less than 4 TOs in the 7 game series. He had two 8 TO games and a 5 TO game. When you try to get it to Yao he is turnover waiting to happen. If they would have kept going to him he would have only lost the ball.

And as someone else stated yes the team played better without TMac but when he came back they have now taken it to another level. Take for instance tonight, TMac didnt score a lot early and was just getting his teammates involved but in the 2nd half he took over in the scoring depart while still finding the open man. 24, 8 and 4 with 2 steals is a very nice line.

Until Yao can impact the game on both ends and can do it against any kind of defense this will still be Tmac's team.
tmac1yao11 is offline   Reply With Quote