Thread: #15??
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2008, 10:35 AM   #26
uberfan
Golden Member

uberfan has a spectacular aura aboutuberfan has a spectacular aura about

I love this mini-free agency period. So many options and we actually have a better chance to land some interesting pieces because fewer teams are looking to retool at this time. This is a great time for the Mavs to take a look at different players.

If we didn't have both Terry and Stackhouse, Giricek would be a solid pick up because he is a starting caliber SG. But he is already 30, plays even less defense than Terry, and his shot selection is Stackesque. Maybe Kidd would have an influence on him so that he would get into the ball movement side of things, I don't know.

I am looking to the future as well as the next 3 months and think it would be wise for the Mavs to start taking a close up look at some younger players, even if it just a few minutes in the limited practices. I hope to see them break this addiction of adding older veterans who really do not contribute. Like to see a few younger ones with some upside even they don't contribute right away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger
Gordon Giricek might get bought out... could another option for the last roster spot. He would have to get released this week in order to remain eligible for the playoffs.
uberfan is offline   Reply With Quote