View Single Post
Old 03-06-2008, 03:33 AM   #201
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
That's a peculiar response...

If you don't live your life with "ignore lists," then why would you attempt to create such a utopia here?
I would ignore these people in real life too - they're not interested in having a discussion, they're interested in making absurd claims for the sake of getting a rise out of people... From what I've read, none of them have anything to offer in the way of serious basketball discussion - they just spout baseless (<---key word) opinions as fact...

Why raise my blood pressure over infuriating comments when that's exactly what they want me to do? Sure, I could read what they say & choose to ignore their words, but MY WEAKNESS is that I can't ignore them - I care too much about the subject matter... It's not like I put them on "ignore" because I don't agree with them - I do so because they won't acknowledge reason, despite how many facts, statistics or good sense people use...

Why bang my head against a wall when I can turn my attention to posts that are actually relevant to the topic at hand? Ignoring these 3 people helps me from getting distracted by pettiness and increases my enjoyability on this site (and yes, one of the reasons I participate in this forum is to enjoy myself...)

Anyways, I'm sure U2 appreciates me ignoring them rather than having to edit my replies...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 03-06-2008 at 03:35 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote