View Single Post
Old 03-09-2008, 12:40 PM   #94
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyDub
One thing funny about this thread is that it showcases how much the very current state of the NBA world affects our judgment. When the post was made, the Rockets were sucking and T-Mac was a joke. There may have been people at that time who wouldn't take Howard over T-Mac (I'm one of them), but I'm betting that nobody thought "who in the world would be STUPID enough to take Howard over T-Mac??"

Now, though, that's the question everyones asking, and with good reason.
Well of course it does. If you wanted to live in the past you could be lobbying to acquire Shaq or in the future (Dirk for Oden), but at the time of this thread wasn't Mcgrady injured? Add that to his impressive list of yearly injury woes (and pathetic playoff record) and even with Howard's current level of play now i'd say it's still a debatable topic. I'd take Tmac over Howard now because if we're throwing all of our potential away and cashing our chips in right now.. why not? Despite those injuries we only need him healthy for the playoffs.

But I don't think the difference is in Tmac, it's in Howard. The Rockets haven't proven they can win a playoff series AND Mcgrady was injured for a good portion of this season... has anything really changed for them yet? That's what i'm seeing as the main concern throughout this thread, I think it's established that Tmac is the better player (but he needs to be on the court for that to be a positive).

Josh on the other hand refuses to play the level of defense he is capable of even if it was overrated in the first place, it's gone down a notch from where it was (on top of other problems). So your right, the current state of the NBA does affect peoples perceptions but Josh is the one who has changed. Tmac is still the same.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote