View Single Post
Old 03-10-2008, 06:12 PM   #7
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

No Country for Old Men should have it's own thread, but I will resist the temptation. First off, let me get this across to some people who hated the ending. It is ok for you to hate the ending. In fact, there was no intention to make you like this movie from the Coen brothers. Let me give you my take of what the ending represented. It's very simple. Way to simple in fact that I don't understand why people don't get this movie. I have thought this since I saw it but I have been reading a lot of blogs and reviews and found people saw it too. In fact, it was in one my posts to our comedian of the site. Anton represents the Grim Reaper in every way. More specifically, he represents death. So I ask you this, can you kill the Grim Reaper? Is there anything that can stop death to us all. For Lewellyn, he was trying to out run death. Where as the old sheriff saw it coming and knew the inevitable. That should be enough to explain the reason why the "bad" guy did get away and all the loose ends weren't tied up. Because unfortunately, that is not how life is. Now the Coen brothers would probably laugh at this because they are just some weird SOB's.

So with all that being said, I am going at midnight to get this masterpiece on DVD.

Last edited by ShaggyDirk; 03-10-2008 at 06:26 PM.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote