View Single Post
Old 03-13-2008, 07:00 AM   #432
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Why would that mean we would have to wait longer? The 7th movie isn't slated to be released until 2010 anyway.

They have been talking about this forever. I have mixed feelings about it honestly. On the surface it looks like they want to get the movie right, which is good obviously. But good to me would be true to the book and they have ignored so many pieces and appear to be continuing this for HBP that I don't think they can do it right without just catering it for the book readers.... which they won't do....

I've been thinking since hearing this originally where would they split the film? It would have to be at some dramatic point with a fan friendly climax. The ministry piece is too early most likely, how about after Malfoy Manor... Dobby dies and it's sad but they escape a potentially mission ending episode. Plus unbeknown to the viewer yet Harry becomes the owner of the Elder wand. This would leave the majority of the last movie for the part they HAVE to get right whether they do it in one movie or two.... that being the battle of Hogwarts of course and especially the ending battle and Harry schooling Riddle on the flaws of his plan.

I hope they don't spend too much time on the epilogue. I enjoyed it as a reader but in a movie it's just going to look like a device to position the franchise for future movies if they draw it out too long. Personally I think it should end with the words of Harry at the end of the last chapter after repairing his wand. That was a terrific ending.