View Single Post
Old 03-17-2008, 10:23 PM   #14
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyDub
Over the past few years, League Pass has given me a chance to hear most other teams' broadcast team. I can say, without reservation, that the Spurs team of Land and Elliott is in the top 3 in the entire NBA in terms of homerism. "Timmy" this and "Oh, that wasn't a foul!" that. It's sickening. Really makes me appreciate Followill--he conveys the appropriate excitement without coming off like a Mavs season ticket holder.

Did anyone catch that quote by Elliott in the 1st Q on a Tony P drive? Something like, "That penetration had me turning green with envy." Yikes, Sean.
I heard him on a national radio show a couple of weeks ago and he talked about how close he is to the coaching staff. Pop "makes" him go to dinner with the coaches and sit in on a lot of their meetings. Of course understanding why he's a homer doesn't make it any less grating.

On the flip side the Golden State guys do a good job. I don't know their play by play guy's name but if the Warriors commit a foul he'll say it. And if they get away with one that should have been called he'll say that too. You have to respect that.