Thread: We may never...
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2008, 01:26 PM   #1
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future
Default We may never...

....win a championship. And this is not a doomsday the sky is falling thread really. Since 1990 every championship has been won by one of these 4 players except 1; Shaq, Duncan, Olajawon and Michael Jordan. (the only one not by one of those 4 was the Pistons and Shaq was in the Finals) That's 3 dominant players in the paint and arguably the greatest player ever. But you know even if we don't it's really not the end of the world. Spurs fans no longer have any passion for basketball until it's game 4 or later of the NBA Finals. BigShotRob is so bored with his team winning championships that he has started rooting for the Mavs because there is nothing left to care about for the Spurs. Maybe a back to back but really it's nothing compared to the compassion of a Mavs fan. If the Spurs lose 5 of 6 in the regular season Spurs fan could care less. If the Mavs lose 5 of 6 we all freak out. If we had beaten the Heat two years ago would we have near the emotional involvement in a regular season game we have now? The answer is no.

Am I saying I don't want the Mavs to win the championship? of course not. But I still enjoy watching Mavs basketball. Don't get me wrong it's very difficult to be a Mavs fan, seeing them lose in the playoffs the last two years, winning 20 games a year in the 90's and being pretty damn good in the 80's only to come up short. But I've never thought about not rooting for the Mavs. I don't know if the Dallas Mavericks will ever be NBA Champions, but I plan on sticking around to find out.

The hunt may be better than the find.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 03-21-2008 at 01:34 PM.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote