View Single Post
Old 03-21-2008, 11:16 PM   #35
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
It boggles my brain that every march, everyone and their mother becomes a dang expert on college teams they haven't been following, haven't watched, don't know many of the players, and didn't give one damn about a month before.

I like college football to a certain extent. I watch it quite a bit.

But the ncaa tournament just beats me so hard. It's just so fake to me...the interest in it that is. I'm sure the kids are playing their butts off and giving it their all. But the hoopla surrounding it is so artificial and forced by so many that it just drives me away.
That's fair. I agree with all that. The tourney's just sort of a fun thing because it's single elimination, which makes it very intense. Every game is like a Game 7. But I do find myself irritated at how everyone is suddenly an "expert."

Personally, I'm a big fan of college hoops simply because I'm at a place with a team that's consistently good and fun to watch. My interest in the tournament would probably take a huge hit if I didn't have a strong connection to a team that I can root for. It's also sort of cathartic to watch UT instead of the Mavs sometimes. Very different style of basketball.

I do think the NBA game is much better, though.

And as an aside, my bracket in the d-m.com group is sucking hole. 10th percentile. My other bracket is doing better (60th), though still not great. Problem with playing in groups with people from TX is that I won't even make up any ground if Texas wins it all, cause so many of you have them also. Then again, if Texas wins it all, I'm not gonna give 2 you-know-whats about my bracket.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote