Thread: We may never...
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2008, 01:37 PM   #29
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyDub
The problem is that "realistically pessimistic" is a self-imposed label. All the pessimists think they're simply being "realistic", but, to be honest, it doesn't really matter what a person thinks of their own capacity for realism.
Yeah, but you can't really help whether your opinion is perceived as pessimistic by others. I'm pretty sure if BigD started 50 threads about how the Mavs are great with Jason Kidd he wouldn't have 5 red boxes (he'd still probably in the red though, I gave neg rep because theres just no need for that many new threads).

I'm just saying blind pessimism without facts isn't any worse than blind optimism (they also seem to think they are being "realistic"). There's such a double standard between a good post and a bad post. If the Mavs don't win the championship this year i'd say the pessimists will have been more realistic... those are the expectations aren't they?

Last edited by Tokey41; 03-22-2008 at 01:40 PM.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote