View Single Post
Old 03-26-2008, 11:22 PM   #2326
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/p...?urn=nba,73485

Quote:
Shaq takes swipe at Riley and Heat for making him scapegoat

The once-blissful marriage between Shaquille O'Neal and Pat Riley ended badly. As their championship core crumbled, so did their relationship. Miami Heat officials believe Shaq quit on them and point to his chronic hip problems that prevented him from playing in Miami but have not stopped him from averaging 29.3 minutes a night with the Phoenix Suns. Conversely, Shaq believes Riley quit on him and saddled him with the blame for the franchise's implosion.

"I guess when you have a lot of power, you can do what you want," O'Neal said. "Me? If I ever came into that kind of power, I think I'd be willing to admit it if I messed up."

O'Neal's comments were met with silence out of Miami yesterday.

"I know what they said about me," Shaq said. "Grant [Hill] called me up and told me, 'They said you don't want to play no more.' I understand being the scapegoat comes with being the superstar. When it all goes right, you get the credit. And when it doesn't . . . I guess this is what you get. I can accept being the scapegoat when we do things my way and they don't work out. But when you have no control how things are handled, and you are still the scapegoat, I don't go for that."
Good to see the gutless wonder still isn't above completely ripping people that helped make him rich and successful... if he gave 1/100th the effort a fringe NBA player like Chris Quinn did, he'd no doubt be the greatest frontcourt player in NBA history. It's a shame that he's a lazy, shined-up turd at this point of his career.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote