View Single Post
Old 03-30-2008, 12:49 PM   #17
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom
The Bucks are looking to blow the team up -- and only Yi and Bogut are safe, according to local press (I live in Madison, WI). I think Redd can be had.

From the Bucks' standpoint, Josh is a more versatile all-around player than Redd, and has a more reasonable contract. Terry is expensive, but a strong veteran presence in a locker room that is in disarray. I can see them buying into this deal.

From our standpoint, Josh is clearly not giving the night-in and night-out effort defensively that he used to, and really dribbles way too much and takes too many contested shots. His rebounding would be missed but getting a true defender in Mason would help ease that burden. Redd is also probably the best pure shooter in the league today. Even if that's all he brings, that would mean a lot more to us than Josh would. The guy is nearly automatic from three. Mason will never be a strong three point shooter, but he's tireless in taking it to the rim and can contain just about any swingman in the league. With all of the great scorers in the upper echelon of the league right now, that's incredibly valuable. And if he doesn't work out for some reason, his contract is up at the end of the '09 season.

This trade makes tons of sense from our standpoint, and with the Bucks rebuilding, they just might pull the trigger on a deal that ships out their biggest contract. Redd isn't ever going to be able to carry a team on his own. What he can be for us is an outstanding second option that is ready to catch and shoot a high percentage at a moment's notice. I'd do this deal 10 times out of 10, any day of the week, insert cliche here, etc..
This is a very good idea imo, hopefully we can get some luck with this trade