View Single Post
Old 04-01-2008, 01:42 PM   #137
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Commish firms up timeframe for ruling on Pacman's reinstatement

"I'll make a decision prior to the start of training camp," commissioner Roger Goodell said of possibly reinstating Jones, who was suspended for last season for violations of the personal-conduct policy. "I have seen some of his recent comments ... and some of those comments were encouraging. I have always said he has to accept responsibility for his actions."

Goodell, who includes Jones' status among a plethora of topics he touched on at the owners meetings Monday, offered his most pointed comments yet on whether Jones' suspension will cross over into a second season.

Jones wants to play for the Cowboys and Dallas apparently wants to acquire him, but a source close to the negotiations has told ESPN's Ed Werder that trade talks have stalled over the issue of compensation.

The Titans are seeking a fourth-round pick in this year's draft and a fourth-round pick in 2009, according to the source. The Cowboys are so far unwilling to provide either, believing they are the only team pursuing Jones.

A Titans source told ESPN.com's Matt Mosley that there is a feeling within the organization that Jones cannot be reformed and should be traded even though at least one Tennessee defensive starter says players would embrace Jones' return to the team.

Jones said last week in a radio interview with Cowboys Hall of Fame receiver Michael Irvin that he wants to resume his career in Dallas. Jones intends to apply for reinstatement sometime before the April 26-27 draft.

"Dallas, they know the consequences [of a trade] and the status of the player," Goodell said Monday. "I don't feel any obligation to do more than I said, to reconsider his status. I have made no commitment."

Ed Werder covers the NFL for ESPN. Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3323489

It seems to me that if the Titans want anything close to what they're asking for, they shouldn't expect to deal Pacman until after Goodell has made an announcement reinstating Pacman. Titans may want value, but right now that value is pretty much zilch since Pacman can't play. I see value in them getting something in return + getting rid of the uncertainty.

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 04-01-2008 at 01:53 PM.
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote