View Single Post
Old 04-02-2008, 02:21 PM   #67
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by foglemann
Very true, but its up to the coach to put said players in the best position to run those plays. Or its up to the GM to get the players for the coach to put those players in the best position to run those plays.

I argue that the SYSTEM Dub speaks of not only has not fit the players given by the GM(and Avery I guess, hence the question to DLord) but also has put them OUT of position to do anything else, once a play goes busted.

How many times have you seen that a pass to Stack/J HO at the top of the key hasn't worked? Not a lot. I would agrue that that position is exactly what Avery wants, now after that(a usual fadeaway for either player) is up to interpretation.

Somehow the connection with these players or the players themselves don't match what Avery wants/runs. Why has this connection gone wrong is the main question on my mind and I hope DLord has some insight on the innerworkings of the org.
I can agree to this. My point is that the plays Avery calls are usually fine. An ISO is a fine play. So is an elbow pick and pop. Or whatever else.

The problem is that the system is flawed. When the play doesn't work exactly as drawn up (which it rarely does, especially in the 4th Q), the players don't know what to do.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 04-02-2008 at 02:22 PM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote