View Single Post
Old 04-03-2008, 07:39 PM   #11
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Del Harris was reportedly pursuing, or at the very least considering, head coaching jobs before last season.
Nothing would have prevented him from doing that this past offseason, were he so inclined. The fact that he accepted a position as Cuban's consultant might, in fact, suggest that he wanted a less stressful role.

I don't pretend to know, I'm just sayin...

Quote:
Basically the Mavs trotted out the offense they use against terrible teams, and it worked because the Warriors were miserable defensively.
To the contrary, I think the Mavs are finally figuring out how you beat a team like Golden State. You push the ball up and you take good shots when they're available rather than trying to slow it down and control the pace.

The Mavs had 44 fast break points and 50 points in the paint. That is NOT their normal offensive style.

Quote:
No real conclusions can be drawn about the state of this thing until we see what happens in a close game against a team that plays some semblance of defense.
No real conclusions can be drawn until we see what happens in the playoffs. I was just glad to see the team demonstrate resolve with its back against the wall, something we haven't seen in over a year. I was also happy to see the team throw aside the "system" in favor of attacking the Warriors the way they should be attacked.