View Single Post
Old 04-09-2008, 11:57 PM   #207
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default So WHAT'S UP LADIES!

Funny stuff..

Quote:
Post-Game: Cuban Backs Avery as Mavs Roll
Date Posted: 4/8/2008 11:32:00 PM By: Bill Ingram
The Mavs got off to a sluggish start, but ultimately managed to blow out the Sonics in a game they had to have as they continue their quest for a playoff berth. With the 99-83 win the Mavs move within two games of clinching a playoff berth, and await the Utah Jazz on Thursday.

Dallas used an 18-4 run in the fourth to put things away. Jason Terry said Avery's half time "pep talk" got his team focused and prepared for the task at hand.

Avery talked about the way he's been working to change his offensive sets since the acquisition of Kidd, which he said sparked a run of "Kidd watching" as the team got used to having a future Hall-of-Famer on their squad. Now he's got them doing a lot more cutting and moving away from the ball to help create easy shots off of Kidd's passes.

Jason Kidd decided he needed to tidy up his locker area before talking to the gathered media, so he picked up box scores and random uniform articles, saying he felt he should "clean up a little bit." He then dropped everything he had picked up on Antoine Wright's chair . . .the next locker over . . .with a big grin on his face.

Dirk usually walks into the locker room calling "What's up ladies!" - though there are actually few "ladies" in the press corps. Tonight was not different, except he called out "What's up ladies - hey HoopsHype." Brandon Bass immediately corrected him saying, "That's HOOPSWORLD, fool." Dirk shrugged at him and said, "I know - I'm just giving them (crap)."

When he got down to business, as he does when the cameras come on, Dirk admitted he's really not quite up to speed since the injury. Avery said he'd like to limit Dirk to 24 minutes per game through the rest of the season, but Dirk said he's not likely to settle for that. Should be interesting to see who wins that battle.

On the Seattle side, PJ said he felt his team played hard, but not smart. He liked what they did with their zone defense, but thought his team lost Jason Terry (22 points) too much - especially in transition. He also was very complimentary of Brandon Bass (13 points) off the bench.

These two teams will meet again in Seattle next week . . .and Jet said he has about 80 tickets set aside for friends and family in what will likely be his last trip to Seattle to play a basketball game. He was very upset about the team leaving his home town, where he grew up watching Gary Payton and the Sonics in their hay day.

Be sure to catch HOOPSWORLD TV for more from tonight's game!
And you should, there are postgame videos with kidd, dirkster, jason, josh and ko'ach..

It's kind of weird, maybe I'm missing these being at the game or something. But I see lot's of local media with microphones but I don't hear these post games very often. Are they right after the game or something?
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 04-10-2008 at 12:03 AM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote