View Single Post
Old 08-16-2002, 09:40 AM   #21
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

Exactly Nellie, also I'm not listening to what Cuban says about he's willing to match because Cuban has shown (with this insurance stuff) that he is a business man first. He's NOT going to over pay for Najera.. He said the SAME THING with Booth... He said he would not let someone take Booth because he was willing to match any offer. Well Seattle offered Cuban more than he wanted to pay and he didn't match it. So teams know that Cuban can and will pay high so if they want Najera or Wang, they're going to come in almost to a ridiculous point and Cuban is NOT going to do that. He's NOT going to pay the luxury tax for Najera or Wang who only on a few nights gets more than 20 minutes a game that would be stupid. The one thing Cuban is not is stupid. NOW he'll pay the luxury tax for someone like Lewis because he feels Lewis makes us that much better.

My point is, he needs to check and see what we can get, this standing and waiting is ridiculous. Lewis is going to resign with the Sonics, in the long run, he'll make more money there than he will with any other team. He's probably not as concerned about winning a championship now because he's what 22 or something like that now...

Cuban needs to recognize that. If Lewis hasn't taken our offer we made to him, then he's not signing with us. That's why I'm sick of people continually saying we have a chance. He's only going to sign with us if Seattle decides NOT to negotiate with him but they are so we're screwed. The know the max other teams can offer, Seattle is the ONLY team who can go higher but the question is are they willing to do it. So we're out of the Lewis sweepstakes in my eyes. If we lose Najera or Wang or both, that means the Mavs would have managed to take a step backwards while other teams have taken a step forward.