View Single Post
Old 08-16-2002, 12:05 PM   #30
Nellie
Golden Member

Nellie is on a distinguished road

<< 4-5 Spots? How do you get that number? >>

I explained all of this already. Let's talk official here, not assumptions. It is an assumption that Najera and Wang will be back on the roster next year. They are officialy pending so that is 2. The other 3 spots are Newman, Buckner, and Manning which makes 5. Like I said before, assuming Mladen is activated, that leaves 4 spots.

<< There is NOT a player available right now, with the exception of Lewis, that is realistically capable of making our 9 man rotation... much less the 12 man active roster >>

LOL..this is simply not true. Rashard is the BEST but not the ONLY and not LIKELY. What I want to know is what your contingency plan is, if Lewis says no, without signing free agents that you think are not worth it?

<< I have no problem with the Mavs filling the last two roster spots. But they need to do it responsibly >>

I am not suggesting that they don't do it responsibly but they have to sign somebody to fill the spots. If Rashard signs, the exemption is gone. You can use the 1mil vet exemption on somebody to fill one spot. Where is the money going to come from to sign somebody else if the negotiations with Najera and Wang go bad? No contingency plan.