View Single Post
Old 04-23-2008, 11:12 AM   #26
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of

I think the "we like our team" statement is from an owner that has gotten conservative.

I like my 401k, for example. It's balanced. It will not break me. It's safe. However, it won't make me a millionaire. Well, it might, but a million won't mean much by then.

Cuban, I think is running into a groupthink problem where the entire organization is on board with him, so there are no new ideas. Nellie and Cuban always clashed, but their result was better. Cuban's model for success is to build something great, like broadcast.com, then sell it for someone else to manage. With the mavs, he is really learning to manage and the business cycles are 1 year long, so it is not a great business to learn on.

Now that I think about it, I'm surprised murph's original post does not directly mention Cuban.
jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote