Thread: Trade Dirk
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2008, 07:49 PM   #35
cinemablend

cinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstudi
If we fail in the playoffs and Dirk asks to be traded afterwards (I wouldn't wonder; which player wants to have his prime age in ruin?), I'm sure he wants to be on a team which is able to win the title. Talking about the contenders, there are not so many which are

1) still able to win the title with the addition of Dirk and after giving value to get him (Phoenix could be one of his own favorite picks, but they would have to give either Amare or Nash to get Dirk and they won't do that)
2) have place for him (there are teams which don't have space like LA, their frontcourt is packed with Odom, Gasol and Bynum; I took LA just as an example)

I know, he's still here and I would be happy if he wins a title with Dallas, but which teams do you consider to be one of the favorites to get him and where he wants to be?
What about Dirk to Phoenix for Barbosa... some good draft picks, and a couple of other usable players?? Maybe Barbsoa, Diaw, and some first round picks? Don't know if that could be worked out, but Phoenix is going to be as desperate as Dallas to make some big changes after their impending first round exit.

And Leandro Barbosa is a really good player, and he can play Point or off guard. He's underutilized on the Suns. He's not a Dirk calibre player, but if you're really rebuilding what you really want is good draft picks anyway. At this point Dallas needs to be trying to draft the next Dirk.

Last edited by cinemablend; 04-23-2008 at 07:50 PM.
cinemablend is offline   Reply With Quote