View Single Post
Old 04-25-2008, 10:45 AM   #28
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

When asked his thoughts of the New Orleans Hornets, Stackhouse chose to make it personal with coach Byron Scott. Stack's take: "I think it's just about having personalities that mesh and I think Chris (Paul) is such a great guy, I think he's been able to kind of deal with Byron Scott. I don't think Byron Scott is the best coach or I don't think he's the best guy to deal with -- you know what I'm sayin? -- from some things that I've heard from other players and just some dealings that I had with him earlier in the season.

"I was about ready to kick his ass -- you know what I'm sayin? He was sitting on the sideline and we just got into a little conversation or something and he was going to tell me, you know, 'Talk to me when you get a ring.' I was like, I told that fool, 'If I played with Magic and Worthy and Kareem I'd have a ring, too. So, you know, he's a sucker in my book, but that's a whole other story."

Johnson said he was not aware of Stackhouse's comments, and apparently Scott and the Hornets also did not know what was said by the time they broke practice in New Orleans. By tonight's 7 o'clock tip-off, they surely will. Was Stackhouse simply trying to drop some attitude because no other Mavs player has? Or will his torching of Scott provide more motivation for a young team buzzing with confidence?

Fort Worth Star-Telegram