View Single Post
Old 04-27-2008, 09:56 PM   #506
wmbwinn
Platinum Member

wmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Boy, we absolutely shredded this draft.
I'm not upset about Da Boys' draft and trades. I think they did very well. In no particular order, these were good moves:

1)Felix Jones. He is the wide receiver the fan base and coach and owner wanted. The entire wide receiver pool was so weak that the coach and owner think that the youth we already have is just as good as any draftable wide receiver. Watch. I think Felix will line up as a wide receiver a lot. I think you will see Marion and Felix on the field at the same time. Even if Felix starts in the backfield with Marion, he goes in motion and plays as a receiver. We couldn't land a veteran wide receiver. Felix is the very best wide receiver in the draft this year and we got him.

Further, he replaces our loss in the backfield. He is the complimentary running back that the coach and owner wanted.

2)Choice. Ranked as a top 15 running back. Strength is power between the tackles and protecting a quarterback. He may actually play. He may spell Marion while Felix plays as a wide receiver either in the slot or in motion. Runs like Marion. Watched some video of him, he uses the stiff arm like Marion but not as often. Marion can teach him. Will have to deal with the new rule that says a stiff arm cannot be a slap or strike to the head...

3)Jenkins. Universally ranked as one of the cornerbacks most ready to play right now. Insurance. "can't have enough cornerbacks" replaces the previous mantra of "can't have enough linebackers" and "can't have enough defensive ends" although we picked up another defensive end who probably becomes an outside linebacker/special teams player.

4)New Tight End played for that A&M team that could run over anyone at anytime. This kid is an athlete and he can block... He was a basketball player. He is an athlete. Give him time. He may be a monstor.

5)Pacman. No risk here. Costs next to nothing with nothing guaranteed in salary. Can't even negotiate a new contract for 3 years of succesful playing with no suspensions. Costs a 4th round pick this year which is refundable next year if he doesn't work out.
Sure, he's a crook. Sure, he has escaped jail to this point by a miracle. Sure, he may be in jail for 20 years before the year is over. If that happens, we just have a delayed 4th round pick.
I think that the Titans and Cowboys punished Pacman more severely than the NFL. The only penalty the NFL can hand out here that is more severe than what the Titans and Cowboys just did to him is for the NFL to say he never plays again. That is the only imaginable punishment worse than what the Titans and Cowboys just did to him.

6)lost Ferguson, Fasano, Akin Ayodele, Jacques Reeves, Nate. I may have forgotten someone. Dallas could not afford that list of players under the salary cap rules. I think Dallas dumped Akin and Fasano just now because they had no money under the cap to even sign Felix Jones and Jenkins. Dallas also has to sign Marion Barber and Ken Hamlin. Dallas is right near the bottom of the NFL right now for available money under the cap space.

So, Dallas had to cut people. Dallas chose the players they thought they could live without even though I guarantee you those choices were hard.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by wmbwinn; 04-27-2008 at 10:36 PM.
wmbwinn is offline   Reply With Quote