View Single Post
Old 04-28-2008, 10:30 PM   #517
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
I don't think you can ever be too deep in the secondary, especially quality cover guys. One injury can shift everyone up the depth charts and that would spell major trouble.
I'd like to have quality at every position. I'm just saying that I want my front seven, not my back four to be the strength of my defense.

Quote:
In regards to the Patriots never over-paying their corners. A big part of their effective was yes, the pressure they always seemed to apply on opposing QB's. However, I think the biggest reason is that New England gets up big so early that it makes the other teams one dimensional on offense.. which pretty makes defending easy as cake IMHO.
That may have been the case this past year but they haven't always had this high powered offense. They treat CB's like the early 90's Cowboys treated LB's.