View Single Post
Old 04-30-2008, 05:09 PM   #8
sbibi

sbibi is a jewel in the roughsbibi is a jewel in the roughsbibi is a jewel in the roughsbibi is a jewel in the rough

I don't like this move at all. I am one of the believers on the board who thinks Avery should go. However, the coaching market sucks at the moment. I like JVG and Carlisle, but Avery would be better fit than these two guys since they're defensive minded coaches and Avery knows the players better. We need Nellie back but unfortunately its not going to happen. Firing Avery is something that the Mavs will regret doing.

We went to the finals with him, we won 67 games with him. Now I know everybody is going to say that screwed us this year and last year's playoffs. This Maverick team is a difficult team to work with. I think Cuban should have waited for at least another 4 or 5 months just to explore his options. There are obviously going to be lots of roster changes, but he could have been a little more patient.

A different way to approach this was to make all the roster changes starting with getting rid of Jho. I think this team would do fine next year with a whole year Avery running the show. The Kidd trade will clearly be effective next year. This team clearly had no identity at this point. In order to obtain that, they will need at least another year together. I don't think we lost to NO because of the lack of athleticism. It was simply because of the lack of identity and heart (hence Jho).
sbibi is offline   Reply With Quote