View Single Post
Old 05-01-2008, 09:19 PM   #132
wmbwinn
Platinum Member

wmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud of

CPS seems to have broader power than what you quoted above. CPS removes children every day without meeting those 3 rules you listed.

I am no lawyer. But, I think that CPS has a different set of rules.

The rules that you listed either don't apply to CPS or CPS routinely gets away with ignoring them.

I am willing to admit that I don't have a clue which one of those statements is correct.

My experience (watching others suffer through CPS investigations) and observation is that CPS can remove any child for any minor reason if they "feel" their is a risk to the child (or a risk from the child towards others). CPS appears to be an entity under the executive branch that does not have to worry about the civil rights issues of "innocent until proven guilty." CPS routinely removes children and then turns the matter over to courts to decide what to do after the fact. Most children (in the cases I have seen) are returned to their parents by the courts. The courts are the conservative voice of legal reason. CPS appears able to act on "the appearance" or "reasonable cause to worry" position to seize children. They do it every day.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -Thomas Jefferson
wmbwinn is offline   Reply With Quote