View Single Post
Old 05-03-2008, 03:17 AM   #545
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
I can not possibly overstate how shocked I am by Atlanta.

Let me preface this by saying I have seen very little of the series. But in reading Simmon's comments, I feel very comfortable in pointing out that this is an example why you have to be very careful when arguing that Garnett is better than Dirk.

Garnett is a fantastic player, but superstars that are either incapable or unwilling to put a team on their back and dominate offensively are risky business in the playoffs.
Based on what I've seen, Garnett has done very little in the 4th quarter and has gotten gun shy. + some careless turnovers.

This is actually nothing new with him.

That's why I think despite defensive deficiencies compared to KG, Dirk is the better overall player.

Of course anytime I bring up that Dirk has the ability to take over games and is a clutch player non-Mavs fans laugh, but that is just a misconception due to the rigged 2006 finals .
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote