View Single Post
Old 05-05-2008, 09:24 PM   #78
wmbwinn
Platinum Member

wmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
I think Damp has proven that when he is left completely alone and there is someone on the floor that can get him the ball he is perfectly capable of scoring. So no, I don't think Ben Wallace instead of Damp on the offensive end would have made much different against the Heat.
I have too many vivid memories of Dampier receiving perfectly workable passes and blowing it. I remember too many balls going out of bounds off his hands. I remember too many delayed, slow moves when he was wide open allowing even a PG to stop him. I recall that the last game of the Heat season, at the end of the game, that Avery started intentionally feeding the open Dampier and he repeatedly blew it.

I know darn well that Ben Wallace is not that clumsy.

Go back and watch some film.

I will give you that the Mavs have improved on making sure Dampier receives his passes at a height of 9.5 feet off the ground to prevent him from putting the darn ball at his umbilicus before jumping. That has improved Dampier's offense. But, the production is still pitiful.

I'll also agree with another poster that noted that Dampier's production is in part tied to the fact that the team doesn't feed him the ball much. But, that is an issue of who his team mates trust when it matters... the abscence of passes to Dampier at that point tells the story.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by wmbwinn; 05-05-2008 at 09:27 PM.
wmbwinn is offline   Reply With Quote