View Single Post
Old 05-06-2008, 05:24 PM   #1
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default So I'm listening to Galloway

I know, I know it will stunt my brain. But the conversation was typical of media types who kneejerk around and don't know much of anything about running anything. They've never met a payroll, made strategic decisions, etc.

So the gist of the argument was
- What has cuban done to offset the damage he's currently done to this team and the mavs reputation around the league.

Galloway gave him credit for not firing nelson, the other yacker (can't recall his name for good reason) said he's done nothing. He's had no impact one way or the other period. It was all Perot and Zachanellia and big nellie. That's it.

Now someone please job my memory about what happened when cuban bought the team.

Before cuban record was - ??
After cuban record was - ??
You would think that maybe a "journalist" would think that maybe this is relevant.

Now to Dale Hanson's credit he just stated the obvious, how can you not give a guy credit who's gotten you to the WCF's, the Finals and won 50games 8 years straight? It was all because of Zachanelli?

From wikipedia
Quote:
On January 14, 2000, Cuban purchased a majority stake in the NBA Dallas Mavericks basketball team for $285 million from H. Ross Perot, Jr.[39][40]

In the 20 years before Cuban bought the team, the Mavs had a winning percentage of 40%, and playoff record of 21-32. [41] [42] In the six years following, the team has won 69% of their regular season games and have reached the playoffs each season. The Mavs playoff record with Cuban is 39 wins and 40 losses, including their first trip to the NBA Finals in 2006, where they lost to the Miami Heat.[43]
Now in that very same year...before cuban the team was...11-24 or 31%...They ended the year at 40-42... Or 29-18..or for 62%...

Now I guess any old owner could have done that, they went 53-29 the next year and won their first playoff series against UTAH only to lose in 5 against the spurts.

Now this is why the sports "journalist" completely drives me crazy. They are lazy, don't know their facts and don't really care to know them as they throw crap out there. I am shocked that sports figures talk to those guys at all, they are such idiots.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 05-06-2008 at 05:29 PM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote