View Single Post
Old 05-06-2008, 09:45 PM   #15
Darth Ape
Banned

Darth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookit
Perot didn't want to spend a nickel and basically didn't offer Kurt Thomas any money because his injury wasn't worth the risk. (I heard a Nellie interview where he said the Mavs' doctors told Perot Thomas' foot would heal fine and Perot balked at paying him) Cuban changed the whole environment and players actually wanted to stay here. And the bottom line is the team has been a winner since he got here any number of things could have killed this team but they keep plugging along.
Yeah, the Mavs have been great at nabbing free agents since Cuban took over. Oh wait... no, they've actually been terrible.

I guess they can claim that the players on the roster actually want to stay here... that is if you exclude all-star point guards and future league MVPs.

The best thing that I can say about Cuban is that his heart is in the right place. He genually cares about the team and is willing to invest financially in it... which is actually a legitimate gripe against Perot and Zachanelli.

But don't get dedication confused with competence. Perot may not have cared as much as Cuban appears to. But he may have been better at his job.
Darth Ape is offline   Reply With Quote