View Single Post
Old 05-15-2008, 03:36 PM   #118
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog
Do we know this for sure? Going back to a question I asked in another thread, who decides on personnel? Is it the coach... the GM?... or does it depend on who we like or dislike? I'm still trying to figure out what responsibilities our GM actually has????? Does he take orders from the coach???

Avery: "Hey Donnie go get me Eddie Jones before he heads to the assisted living facility?"
Donnie: "Whatever you say Lil General!"
That's a good question and I imagine all three (Cuban,Donnie, and Avery) had some kidn of say in it but I would think it goes something like this:

Donnie: "Hey, Avery, tell me what you need for this team to succeed and I'll work my ass off to get it for you."

Avery: "I want seasoned veterans who can accept a role, defend, and do what I tell them, like what they have in San Antonio. You get me those guys and I'll make it happen on the court."

Donnie: "Okay, I'll come back to you with a list of the best options on the market according to what you want, you choose which guys you want me to go after, and then I'll do my best to get them in a Mavs uniform."

Avery: "Sounds good, now where'd I put my dang Gumbo?"

From that point Mark gets involved once contract negotiations and salary issues come up.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote