View Single Post
Old 05-19-2008, 10:44 AM   #107
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
According to the Star Telegram, Blalock is officially a first baseman, as of today. A permanent move, according to him, and he's all for it.

The only way this makes sense is if the long term plan is to move Mike Young to third, which is a good idea.

However, the timing is weird. There's no way Vazques is going to keep up his current level of production, so I don't see how they think Blalock+Vazquez/Duran is a better combination than Blalock+Cat/Shelton.

And of course long term the Rangers have three potentially huge bats getting close to the bigs, and they all play first base.

Weird, weird timing.
Which makes me wonder just how permanent it is.. I know it's permanent right now, but how permanent is it when MadMax or Chris Davis get ready for the big leagues? Or, do they plan on moving Davis back to third? If so, then why move Blalock to first to begin with? Unless they plan on moving Blalock to another team.... but, whey would Blalock be the catalyst to this switch then?...

It could make the team a better team this year. I know Vazquez has made 5 errors or so this year, but he and Blalock on the field together will make the team better defensively than being forced to put Shelton/Cat at first.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote