View Single Post
Old 05-21-2008, 08:26 PM   #14
jefelump

jefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to all

Quote:
from mcsluggo:
really? wow!

so with 2.2% of the world's oil reserves (that includes the untapped alaskan wilderness..) if the meany old environmentalists would just back off the US could domestically supply its consumption of 25.9% of anual global oil supply...

interesting. How long would this miraculous artesian pump operate? (and do you also know how to turn turds into diamonds, that could be valuable as well)

EVERYTHING you say is surrounded hyperbolic rants with no grounding in reality... it makes it hard to pay attention to whatever kernals of wisdom might actually be in your posts (i take NO STAND on whether or not said kernals actually exist! )
I'm sure there might be kernel somewhere in all my posts... but then again I'm sure I'm biased... ;-)

The oil execs testified again on capital hill today.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20080521/D90Q9U601.html

Keep in mind they testified under oath, so if you believe they are telling lies, then you believe they committed purgery (kinda like Bill Clinton... sorry, couldn't resist that obvious slam....).

So, from the article:

Quote:
The executives, appearing under oath, cited tight global supplies with scant spare production capacity and the fact that large areas of land and offshore waters remain offlimits to drilling. And they said they're worried Congress was talking of requiring the five companies to pay more taxes.
Again, call them liars if you want, but they were under oath citing exactly what I said.. "large areas of land and offshore waters remain offlimits to drilling." The policies of the Left have caused supply to be tighter than it otherwise could be. So when demand is high and supply is tight, prices go up. If you want to buy stock in company XYZ and everyone else does too, the price goes up. That's the nature of the markets.

Do I like it? Of course not. I would much rather pay $30 to fill my Ford Explorer than $60... But if I take the approach of the Left, I'll sit and watch C-SPAN while being pissed off at "Big Oil" for raping us at the pump. If I take the approach of the Right, I'll discuss ways to alleviate the problem.

As Newt said in the article wmbwinn posted earlier... "Drill Here, Drill Now, Pay Less."
jefelump is offline   Reply With Quote