View Single Post
Old 05-25-2008, 08:06 PM   #12
jefelump

jefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to all

Quote:
from Robillion:
republicans are hilarious...

I just think it is funny how conservatives on this board keep trying to turn positives into negatives... when they have soo many negatives that really cannot be explained as anything else.

The world hates us BECAUSE we rush into war and still act as an imperialist nation. We did not have enemies out of no where... we created them! If Obama plans on helping our standing in the world, then we absolutely need to take a much different approach than the past. The world looks to us as a leader in this world... so why not lead with a better example. Instead of continuing a world of threats, initiate a world of diplomacy.
Your comments are way too general. What specifically do you think is a positive that republicans consider a negative?

The phrase "rush into war" was a concoction of the Dems, as a slam against Bush. Nobody has every said Clinton rushed into war. Nobody has ever said Bush Sr. rushed into war. Nobody has ever said Reagan rushed into war. Nobody has ever said Carter rushed into war. There are countries in this world who have hated us long before GW Bush came into office in 2000, and even longer before he "rushed into war" and invaded Iraq. So your comment that the "world hates us BECAUSE we rush into war" is humorous, at best. Supposedly France and Germany hated us for "rushing into war", but look at what happened to those leaders who hated us and defied us at the UN. They were voted out of office.

Obama can certainly try to help our standing in the world. I'm sure McCain will try too. That's no reason to vote for him.

And what is diplomacy without threats?

Obama: Iran, stop your nuclear program.
Iran: No
Obama: Stop it or else
Iran: or else what?
Obama: I'll go to the UN

Sounds like great diplomacy to me.
jefelump is offline   Reply With Quote