View Single Post
Old 05-27-2008, 08:06 PM   #1595
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Dammit. I got summoned to jury duty. Please post your helpful tips for not getting chosen. It's my first time. They tried to summon me 3 times while I was in college. (As a side note, I'd really like to go through the experience, but they summoned me 3 days before I go to Vegas for buddies bachelor party)
If you're serious about this, just know that if you actually get to the part where lawyers ask questions, it will be very, very apparant what you need to say to get out of it. If you don't want to bother with that you can always give some long rant about the failures of the justice system, how much you hate defense laywers, etc. etc. But generally you don't have to go that far. The lawyers will make it obvious what angle they are going for.

I served on a 6 day trial for a civil suit about a year and a half ago. I found it fascinating. I would recommend you do it at some point.

Edit: Oh the random statement that I came in here for:

I just spent 3 solid minutes staring at horse's sig, trying to determine how many different hair styles Sasha Voyouchichichichichich was sporting. I settled on three.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 05-27-2008 at 08:09 PM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote