View Single Post
Old 05-27-2008, 08:59 PM   #20
pepe

pepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to all

Is clear the Mavs should upgrade two positions SG and C, also our 3 point shooting and perimeter defense needs improvement.

Looking at the free agent market, players like CJ Miles, Trevor Ariza, M Pietrus and James Jones could fill the mold, Jones because the guy is deadly from 3 point land and Ariza because of his energy and defense, Pietrus and Miles have a more all around game.

I am counting with Wright to stay with the team and be part of the rotation and maybe become our J Posey/B Bowen clone, he will need to imporve his 3 point shooting but defensively the guy is not that far away also Reyshawn Terry should be given an opportunity to see what he can do

Our C production should improve with a return of Diop and a full training camp of Magliore.
In a perfect world Dampier could be traded for a more offensive C ala B Miller, Zaza P from Atlanta or Resho Nestorovic, but the only way I see this happening is in a multiplayer deal, no GM in the NBA will jeopardize his job with a straight up trade for Dampier.

I always have the feeling that perhaps some quality players stay away from the MAVS because of the reputaton of Avery Johnson as a control freak around the league, specially young players that knew that they will end it up in the doghouse. I have no facts to back this up so take it for what it is...an opinion.

Maybe now with Carslile as the head coach and Kidd as the PG, more players will be willing to come here for a discount.

A significant trade will be made for either Terry, Howard, Stack, Bass, Dampier or a combination of this players, I think it will be one and done and not too much of a shakedown, just enough to bring one or two players so Carslile will have his own stamp on the team.

Who in the actual roster Carslile see as expendable? and what player/s Carslile see as more essencial? is the 64,000 question.

GO MAVS!
pepe is offline   Reply With Quote