View Single Post
Old 05-31-2008, 03:34 PM   #58
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
It's like an end to hope.

No one else can win a damn title in the league. The Spurs got in on the action, but you can bet the Bulls and Knicks will be back in the mix. Lakers...Cletics...maybe Houston will be back?

When are the Wizards and Mavericks and Suns and Jazz of the world going to get a shot at this thing? You think Orlando is still feeling good about their chances any time soon? I feel like we have no hope now. The time for the little guys came and went. There was hope, and Miami alone seized the day. And now the Celtics and Lakers might even be in the Finals the next few years. Those teams look solid.
I am not a Lakers or Kobe fan but i also know he is by far the greatest player playing in the nba right now. Phil Jackson and Pops are by far the greatest coaches in the league right now. Miami bought a title when signing Posey, Shaq, Mourning and stacked up against us. Maybe they had Payton also. The Lakers was good and when they got Gasol they are now great. The Celtics are trying to buy a title, Cassell, Posey, Garnett, and Allen. Can we hate people because they run great organazations?

It is a reason why the Spurs, Celts and Lakers win titles. Cuban has brought us from door mats to respected. The probs the teams you bring up, Orlando, Bulls, Knicks, Mavs, Wizs, Jazz, Suns, they have to be smart. They get respected and win alot of games but it is no fluke why they do not win. They miss a piece, two pieces or three. I can tell you why each one of those teams did not win and "won't" win a title unless they get "complete". The Jazz are getting close. When teams get close they can go two ways and most of the teams go south and do stupid things or give away the player or players that got them where they was. The Lakers and the Spurs normally never do stupid things unless they are forced to. Gasol for nothing was one of the greatest trades ever in all the Lakers history. Odom could have easily been traded because they wanted him the superstar and he refused to be a superstar but Jackson was so smart seeing how good he was when he was not asked to be the superstar.

The Spurs are never tapped out for money and they can get better each year and will be better next year. The Mavs got close and we got very close and was making good decisions untill the Kidd trade. How long will this keep us broke? How long will be dead old and how many years will it be before we get a draft pick? Now we are the highest paid team and tapped out. Then you can stay the same or you can trade your best player or best players and when you do this and do not have brilliant minds in your organazation, you can go back to being door mats for years. You give away players like Gasol and even Dirk then things get bad. You must be very careful when you start trading players like Dirk and Howard. We can't get better with money or draft picks. Our dead old Eddie Jones players and even Kidd players won't make us much better trading them. We can't get much in return. But again this is alot better than the older days. When teams like Spurs, Celts and Lakers get close, they know what to do to not go backwards, stay the same and make that step forward for a title. They have brilliant minds within the organazation and coaches. As someone stated in here, another nod for the Lakers for me is Jackson. That is worth 3 points every game. I am not taking anything from Rivers but Jackson and Pops is on another level from other coaches. Sloan is good but he is at the close stage and they need a piece for next year, will they go that way?

The two teams to watch next year is the Jazz and the Spurs. The moves they make and the pieces they add, will it take them over the Lakers? Remember the Lakers won't sit still, they will try to go out and get a young superstar point guard. In the east all eyes are on the Cavs, they are close and maybe a piece away. Will they get it? Orlando has a good future, unless they start giving players away. The Bulls are interesting. The Wizs have way to many holes and they can't get complete by next year. The Pistons are letting "old" get them.

I am not happy at these two teams in the finals but was they the two best? Yes. Both have run great franchises but the Celtics got off track for along time untill they got back on. If we can get thru a year or two of bad and start getting some draft pix back and having some money and not being the highest paid, get a good coach, and add pieces to our star or stars, we can get back to have a chance. Not next year or probably the next two because our big deal was the Kidd trade. That was our title. A miracle i guess could happen with a guy like Reyshawn Terry or some big athletic guys picked off the street, we get lucky on but if that happens it is just lucky. The west will be alot better next year than this year and that is scarry.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote