View Single Post
Old 05-31-2008, 03:59 PM   #61
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan
I hate people who intentionally ruin OTHER franchises in favor of another.

Kevin McHale, current vice president of operations for the Minnesota Timberwolves, played 13 years for the Boston Celtics and hands Kevin Garnett to the Celtics for chump change.

Jerry West, current president of operations for the Memphis Grizzlies, played 14 years for the Los Angeles Lakers and hands Pau Gasol to the Lakers for even less.

It's all bullsh!t, and we have every right to be outraged.

You are right and i have to agree with this but Garnett was going to rot away in MN. They was never going to win. They had made stupid decisions with that sorry pg with braided hair and other players. They had made so many bad deals that trading a Garnett for a Gasol or one player, then the one player they got back was going to rot away in MN. They had to have many players and start again. They needed to get young, athletic and talented and money space. They chose to suck for a couple years and go young and build. Keeping Garnett, risking injury and getting him old and frustrated would not be good for MN. I also think they could have got more but i undertsnad why they did what they did. Yes, him and Ainge was buddy/buddy and this was a big part of the trade and to save Ainges job.

Kobe and Jerry West are great friends and this is no secret but how he pulled off the Gasol for nothing i will never understand. I do not knock the Lakers for doing it. We have done good the hard way and have built but Cuban listening to Avery and letting Avery tear us down was a bad choice within our ornazation. Get Eddie Jones, get Juwan Howard, get rid of Harris because i(Avery) don't like him, make Josh Howard an Antoine Walker shooter, make Stackhouse the superstar. How much damage did Avery do before Cuban caught on and fired him is the question and for how many years. I like Cuban but alot of this is Cubans fault for listening to Avery and putting all his eggs in the old basket and betting on just one year. This year.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote