View Single Post
Old 05-31-2008, 04:02 PM   #45
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

FYI

Quote:
Stars make big bucks on playoff run
May 31st, 2008 by Flacolaco

A NHL ticket revenue report has been leaked, according to this very web site (www.hockeyanalysis.com). Stars were -0.5% per game from last year.

You can see it here:

http://www3.thestar.com/static/PDF/0...ts_revenue.pdf

There is a note about the Stars there, apparently we’re down to 12,500 season season holders from 16,500 in 2001. I would expect that number will go up after this fun playoff run that generated 9 extra home playoff games. According to the report, the Stars made an average of double their regular season games: 2 million per home playoff game. That’s the equivalent of 18 extra regular season home games. Wow!

So the Stars get to game 6 of the Western conference finals, and it’s like having an entire half season more worth of revenue. Holy smokes. If that’s not incentive to build a winning team, I don’t know what is. I bet lowering prices in the upper bowl next year doesn’t hurt so bad now, does it Hicks?

The Stars were 12th in the league in per game ticket revenue for the regular season.