View Single Post
Old 06-02-2008, 02:15 PM   #59
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgarrett
Ok if your refering to me about name calling, after you lol'd my opinion after arguing 4 or 5 posts about vert I then said You were trying to be.... because you seemed like you were trying to strong arm your opinions.

You didnt really say anything bad, it's just that your remarks are disrespectful like your calling out something because what u think is superior. I said a few times that Howard wasn't the best dunker and didnt say ever he could dunk like MArion. But it didn't matter; someone disagreed with You gotta set em straight.
You're comparing a personal insult to laughing at your post? Last time I checked, my words weren't edited by the mod, yours were: (Last edited by u2sarajevo : Today at 05:58 AM.)

You're really gonna call me the disrespectful one? Really?

Your whole argument sums up as--JHo could do just about a good of a job as Marion (remember the whole vertical argument?), when it comes to throwing down lobs. That's what we were talking about, and you disagree. Why shouldn't I strong arm my opinion? Has JHo done anything to prove that he can throw down a lob? Does anybody in this thread even agree with you on that one?

Quote:
Is it really rediculous to not like someones shooting form?
No, it's not. I think Marion's shot is ugly has hell too, but I don't let that affect my judgement on him as a player. Not sure if you do or not--but, it sure seems that it does, since you're trying to throw stats back at me...

Quote:
Sure i want the ball to go in the basket, but lets add these stats too.
MArion: 3pt% .258 (miami) and .300 total
Howard: 3pt% .320
First of all...you're really gonna take out a subset of data from the season? Marion was on a new team for a short amount of time...come on. I could definitely do the same by taking out a data subset and tell you that Howard's 3pt% in the playoffs was .100.

Second, I'm not sure what stats you are looking at, because Marion's 3pt% for '07-'08 was NOT .300. It was .333. And Howard's was .319.

Quote:
I never said Howard had pretty boy form! And i'll take the results too.
If you're gonna take the results...then please get them right.

Quote:
MArion : FT% .70
Howard : FT% .81
Yup, Howard's was higher in 07-08. But Marion's Career is 0.821, compared to Howard's .774.

Quote:
Marion : PPG 14.5
Howard : PPG 20
...Why would points matter? With the shooting percentages they have for the season...doesn't that just mean that Marion would score more points if he put up more shots?...and JHo put up more bricks in order to score more points?

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."

Last edited by ty; 06-02-2008 at 02:19 PM.
ty is offline   Reply With Quote