View Single Post
Old 06-02-2008, 03:44 PM   #70
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
I know...I was discussing them as individual players.

Marion is no where as good a half court offensive player as Josh...no matter the "role".

Just from what I've seen, I'd say Josh is much better at creating his own shots with the ball...Marion does next to none of that.

And for the record, I believe I said I'd favor Marion over Josh...

Marion's defensive ability, rebounding, shot blocking are all top tier. I other than being able to create offense (which Kidd might make moot), I like Marion's game a ton.
I think Marion is a great, great complimentary player. He plays the offensive glass from the 3/4 position, he actually dive cuts to the basket (similar to Josh pre-2005), and he hits the corner three. I rather have him shooting the corner three than Stackhouse, that's for damn sure. He doesn't need any plays called for him, but just on pure hussle and fast break opportunities, he can average 15-20 a game. With Terry spotting up in one corner and Marion in the other corner doing his thing, while the KidDirk pick/roll is going on, not only is our offense a tad better, but our defense would take 5 steps forward.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote