View Single Post
Old 06-19-2008, 03:25 AM   #20
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
I hope you didn't believe him. We'll all be paying more taxes.

Even if that were true....I don't understand how anyone could get behind that. It is unfair to tax some people a small percentage, and others a large percentage. It is unfair. It makes no sense. There is no way to explain it.

And why stop there? Lets ask to see a W2 at the gas station to determine your tax on a fill up. Maybe a variable tax scale at the grocery store when you're buying milk. "Sorry Mr Business man, that's 2.99 x 1.39 = 4.15 for your milk, sir. Have a nice effing day."

Ridiculous and unfair. Lets tax people who EARN more money. "Hey way to go on being successful, but I'm going to have to penalize you for it."
First of all, I do think an income tax is injust and I do think it's illegal.

But if someone wants to tax the wealthy and reduce the burden on the poor, than all he has to do is put a national sales tax in place that will be different from product to product. 0% on milk and groceries, 25% on Masserattis and Porsches, 0% on education, 15 % on technology, etc, etc. These rates could be made up thorugh democratic procedures. I do think that that would be a lot fairer than the current system. Because you wouldn't tax working people but people who have enough left to spend it on things that are not vital or clearly luxury goods. The way it works now, some entrepreneurs won't be able to hire new people, since the income tax took their "income", even though it's not income if you eventually use it on hiring more people.

A varying tax rate like that would tax consumption, not work.

Plus, if what Warren Buffett says is true, then wouldn't it be fair to make adjustments so that rich people won't be able to somehow surpass the income tax? Because if Warren Buffett has to pay less taxes than his staff, than something is wrong. Why should his staff have to pay more? Are they not worthy of handling their own money as much as Buffett?

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote