View Single Post
Old 06-19-2008, 10:03 AM   #570
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The Celtics did to Kobe what the Pistons did to Jordan back in the 89 and 90.
No they didn’t. The Pistons kicked Jordan’s ass in the late 80’s. You can’t play defense like that on perimeter players anymore.

The other thing I’d point out is that those battles against Det. were Jordan’s first taste of big time playoff basketball. Kobe’s been there, done that and even been shut down before (Tayshun Prince - 2004).

I’m hearing a lot of this “oh, the Celtics threw the kitchen sink at Kobe”. I didn't see it. They played defense and he settled for a lot of jump shots. Hell, I think they forced they ball out of Joe Johnson’s hands more than they did Kobe’s.

Quote:
Kobe played well enough to win but with little support from the rest of the squad but the Lakers
You have a very liberal definition of well enough to win. The MVP and unquestioned best player on your team shooting 40% is not playing well enough to win in my mind. Now they could have won if his teammates carried him but it’s not supposed to work that way.

Kobe underperformed on the biggest stage of his career and he should be called out for it.

Last edited by dirno2000; 06-19-2008 at 10:03 AM.
dirno2000 is offline   Reply With Quote