View Single Post
Old 06-21-2008, 01:37 AM   #7
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
If he can blunt all criticism of him by dint of his being black, then I dare say that he is in the very best position to win this political battle. Politics is all about managing perceptions.

If you could look at this thing bluntly, like a Karl Rove would, you would recognize these things. The "race card" is not in essence AT ALL different from the "national security card" or the "Christian values card" or the "abortion card." They are all just cards in the deck, among the very many.

Trust me, Rove played a lot of good cards when he won his two presidential elections. And...why shouldn't he have?
Sure if he can use the race card to blunt valid criticism of him then it will be good for him. As far as comparing screaming racism against someone (fireable offense I believe in many places) to the "national security card" or the "christian values card" is kinda silly imo.

I dont recall many entertainers being fired because of the christian values card.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote